T. +44 (0)20 7484 6430
  • London: +44 (0)20 7484 6430
  • Edinburgh: +44 (0)131 226 4202
  • Hong Kong: +852 3628 3627
0 items
Checkout

Clos de Tart

Clos de Tart is a monopole Grand Cru vineyard founded by the Cistercian sisters of Notre Dame de Genlis in 1250 and it remained under their ownership until the French Revolution, when it was auctioned off as one parcel. It was eventually bought by the current owners, the Mommessin family, in 1932. In 1855 it was highlighted by Dr Lavalle the only 'tête de cuvée' vineyard in Morey St Denis but latterly has underachieved. However since 1996 the thoroughly talented and experienced Sylvain Pitiot has been making the wine and he has driven its reputation back to the heights it obviously reached in 1855. Today it is one of the great Grands Crus of Burgundy, producing a rich, silky, seductive wine of great ripeness whilst retaining clear Pinot Noir character. An impressive and very ageworthy red burgundy.