Direct allocation stock is only available through us in Singapore and Indonesia.
Clos de Tart was originally established by some cistercian nuns in the 12th Century whose order carried the Notre Dame de Tart. It was was classified as Grand Cru in 1939. Since 1996, this Grand Cru has experienced a revival in fortunes. The wines had shown none of their potential greatness until the arrival of Sylvain Pitiot. Since then this Monopole, still completely owned by the Mommessin family, has been making superb wine. There are 7.53ha comprising a range of micro terroirs depending on the subsoil composition or the elevation. The vines are trained to Cordon de Royat and yields are low, rarely more than 25hl /ha. After fermentation, the wines are aged in oak barrels from 16-18 months and are hand bottled the second spring after the vintage without fining or filtration. Depending on the vintage a second wine is sometimes made, Morey St Denis 1er Cru La Forge. The wines are hand harvested at full ripeness and make for some of Burgundy's expressive and luxurious wines.
Clos de Tart is a monopole Grand Cru vineyard founded by the Cistercian sisters of Notre Dame de Genlis in 1250 and it remained under their ownership until the French Revolution, when it was auctioned off as one parcel. It was eventually bought by the current owners, the Mommessin family, in 1932. In 1855 it was highlighted by Dr Lavalle the only 'tête de cuvée' vineyard in Morey St Denis but latterly has underachieved. However since 1996 the thoroughly talented and experienced Sylvain Pitiot has been making the wine and he has driven its reputation back to the heights it obviously reached in 1855. Today it is one of the great Grands Crus of Burgundy, producing a rich, silky, seductive wine of great ripeness whilst retaining clear Pinot Noir character. An impressive and very ageworthy red burgundy.