Château Branaire-Ducru, located in the commune of Saint Julien, is surrounded by illustrious neighbours such as Beychevelle, Ducru-Beaucaillou and Gruaud Larose. Originally a part of Chateau Beychevelle, the property was acquired by Jean-Baptiste Braneyre and became known as Chateau Branaire in 1680. It was owned by various members of the 'de Luc' family for well over a century until 1875 when Gustave Ducru became the sole owner. The modern era for Chateau Branaire-Ducru began in1988 when the estate was purchased by the Maroteaux family. The wine is aged for 20 months in 50% new oak and is typically rich, brooding and powerful style of Bordeaux.