A brilliant, shimmering crystal clear red colour, intense bursting vivid flavours of red cherry, raspberry and redcurrant, crisp, precise but expansive with good concentration of flavour and richness.
The Domaine was estalished by Georges Roumier in 1924, who went on to instigate the practice of domaine bottling his family’s wines in 1945. Today the Domaine has been expanded to 11.8 hectares over 9 appellations and is run by Georges Roumier’s Grandson, Christophe. The wines are made as naturally as possible, vines are hand-tended, a large proportion of fermentations are whole bunch (up to 50%), the percentages varying a little depending on cuvée and vintage, and ageing is in barriques for as long as possible, usually 16 to 18 months, to allow for bottling without filtration. 15-25% new oak is used for the village appellations whilst 40-50% is used for the 1ers and Grand Crus. The result is intense, lively, red Burgundy that demand time and patience.