La Tour Blanche was founded in the 18th century. It is a 1er Cru Classe, located in the appellation of Sauternes. In 1907 the previous owner, Daniel Iffla, left the estate to the French government, on the condition that it created a school of Viticulture and Oenology. Currently, La Tour Blanche is, at the same time, a school and an estate. There are 37 hectares under vine, which are planted with 83% Semillon, 12% Sauvignon and 5% Muscadelle. The soil consists of gravel with clay-limestone subsoil. After the fermentation, the wines are aged in 100% oak new barrels for 16-18 months before bottling.