Founded in 1946 by Etienne Guigal in Ampuis, a small village of the Côte-Rôtie. The estate was taken over in 1961 by Marcel Guigal and his wife Bernadette, who worked together after his father suddenly became blind. Today, their son Philippe is the Estate’s winemaker, with his wife Eve, they represent the third generation to continue the family work.
The Guigal Estate occupies Château d’Ampuis whilst the offices and the cellars remain in the ancient small village of Ampuis. Their Côte-Rôtie vineyards cover an area of about 230 hectares, with vines planted nearly 24 centuries ago and the Condrieu appellation covers about 150 hectares. In 2001 the estate expanded into Saint-Joseph and Crozes-Hermitage.
With historical roots dating back to Roman times, occupying sheltered positions and the most enviable of terroirs, Guigal make truly exceptional wines.