The Domaine was estalished by Georges Roumier in 1924, who went on to instigate the practice of domaine bottling his family’s wines in 1945. Today the Domaine has been expanded to 11.8 hectares over 9 appellations and is run by Georges Roumier’s Grandson, Christophe. Christophe makes the wine as naturally as possible, vines are hand-tended, the wine undergoes a controlled fermentation with maceration before and after, and the wines rest sur lie in barriques for as long as possible, usually 16 to 18 months. The long slow ageing enables these wines to be bottled without filtration. 15-25% new oak is used for the village appellations whilst 40-50% is used for the 1ers and Grand Crus. The result is intense, noble red Burgundy.
£600.00 - £2400.00